Friday, October 15, 2010

Weekly Preview, 10/18-10/21

Here's what's happening in room 101 next week... :)

I will be absent on Monday and Tuesday. I'll be attending the Iowa Talented and Gifted Association State Convention. It's always so informative and inspiring. I know I'll come back with a ton of good ideas for my classes!

6th, 7th, & 8th GOAL: Monday will be your last literature circle discussion. On Tuesday, before going to the library, you will complete your end-of-the-quarter self-evaluation for your reading contract. This will be your last grade of the quarter, and you will have until Tuesday to complete your 10 books for the quarter. On Wednesday, we'll be having mixed group discussions on the overall themes of your literature circles. Thursday and Friday, you'll work on your projects which will show your overall learning during the literature circle unit.

7th Language Arts: Next week, you'll be working on your "If I Were Mayor, I Would..." essays. These will be due on Thursday for teacher edit. Before that point, you should have a handwritten and revised rough draft, a typed and peer-conferenced (twice) second draft, a fixed and self-edited third draft, and a final draft ready for me to edit. The Week 9 spelling list focuses on the suffixes -tion and -ation. Pretest corrections and book p. 58 (1-20) are due on Wednesday. Spelling words include:

Week 9 Spelling Words
recognize
recognition
decoration
decorate
combine
combination
determination
determine
graduation
graduate
hesitate
hesitation
education
educate
compete
competition
eliminate
elimination
admiration
admire

Also, there will be NO DRAMA CLUB this week due to me being absent. I'll see you in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment