Can you believe it's the end of the first quarter? Time to reflect on the work you've done so far.
Create a blog post to answer the following questions. Read carefully to make sure you've included all parts of the question in your answer. Write your answers in paragraph form, rephrasing the questions so your audience knows what you mean. Be careful, and watch for spelling/grammar mistakes.
1. Update your Goodreads account if you haven't done so. Did you make your goal for independent reading this quarter? Why or why not?
2. Out of the books you read this quarter, which was the best? Why?
3. Look at the genres you've read this quarter. Which genres have you read more than others? Why?
4. Set a goal for your reading for the second quarter. Include how many books you'd like to read as well as a goal that includes something about a genre you haven't read yet.
5. Go to the read aloud wiki. Look at the posts you've made about the read aloud book so far. Include the link to the post you'd consider to be your best, according to my expectations. What makes this post better than your others?
6. Did you make your goal with the wiki of a minimum of 2 posts and 6 replies for a B? Why or why not? How can you improve with discussing on the wiki in the future? Set a goal for yourself.
7. Do you think you have a fixed mindset or a growth mindset? Explain. What can you do during the second quarter to improve your growth mindset?
8. Do you have any suggestions for how I can improve the class and/or your learning experience for the second quarter? Explain.
9. What went well during your first quarter of the school year, both in general and in GOAL? What were your successes? What were your challenges? What do you want to improve for the second quarter? Be specific with your goals.
10. If you have any concerns that you'd like to discuss privately, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you're done with everything, you may work on independent projects (7th & 8th grade GOAL), or you may go to any site in the Idleness Prevention Society (6th grade GOAL) found in the margin of this blog.
Great first quarter, everyone. I can't wait to see what you will accomplish during the second quarter!